Thursday, July 18, 2013

Meet Our New Staff, Part 1

There are a lot of new faces around the school, and it'll take us a few posts to introduce them all. Starting off our introductions series, we have three new additions to our faculty and staff team!

Katie Ammon, Administrative Assistant

The 2013-2014 school year marks Katie's first year at TFCA, although Katie has served families and students in the Franklin County Public Schools system for 8 years.  The past 5 years, Katie enjoyed being a stay at home mom to her two children, Taylor Grace and Riley. She is very excited to be serve and be a part of the TFCA family.

Q:  What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to play with my two children, Taylor Grace and Riley, read, walk, bask in the sun, and fellowship with others.

Q:  What is your favorite Bible verse?
I have several that have really inspired me. They are 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Jeremiah 29:11, Ephesians 3:20

Q:  What is the most rewarding thing about being a teacher/working at TFCA?
The most rewarding thing about working at TFCA is serving others.


Thomas Smith, MS/HS Science Teacher


The 2013-14 school year is Mr. Thomas Smith's first at TFCA. He earned his Bachelors of Science in Physics from Mississippi State University, which was followed by some time in the US Army and 4 years of optics research and development at the Air Force Research Laboratories in Dayton. He instructed labs in Physics 1 and 2 at the college level while at MSU and looks forward to teaching at TFCA in a manner that is engaging, thought provoking, and in line with scripture. He and his wife, Leah, and daughter come to us from Church of the Messiah in Xenia, OH and will be looking for a congregation to call home in Frankfort.

Q:  What do you like to do in your free time?
A:   I enjoy organic gardening, Frisbee, carpentry, and various other things.  Hopefully I can get back to gardening before too long, since I need fresh air and sunlight lest I wilt.

Q:  What are you looking forward to most in the 2013-2014 school year?
A:  A new place, a new task, and lots of new people.  This should be quite the adventure!  I look forward to awakening minds to the majesty of God's creation through the fullness of His Word.

Q:  What is your favorite Bible verse?
A:  I find that taking snippets of scripture (often out of context) can be a treacherous.  So, let me give a chapter: Psalm 119.


Ashlie Cox, IT Manager


The 2013-2014 school year is Ashlie Cox's 1st year at TFCA and is also her first year in Christian education. She has been serving in the public school system for the past five years, four at Eminence Elementary as a Reading Recovery teacher and a 3rd/4th grade social studies teacher and one year at Perryville Elementary as an Instructional Coach and Technology Coach. Mrs. Cox earned her Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from Murray State University in 2008 and her Master's degree in Educational Technology in 2009. Mrs. Cox is a member of Hope Community Church in Frankfort and serves on the youth team with her husband, Miles. She has been married for four years to Miles and they have a daughter, Lilly, who was born in June. 

Q:  What do you like to do in your free time?

As weird as it sounds, in my free time I like to exercise! My exercise of choice is running or walking my dog. I enjoy running in races and have ran in 3k's all the way up to a 10 miler. I also love to shop, especially for clothes or shoes. My absolute favorite store is Old Navy and in high school I actually worked there, mostly to get the discount! I watch movies in my free time, but not because I enjoy them. My husband loves movies and always wants me to watch them with him! Unless it is a Tom Hanks movie, it is hard to get me to commit to watching a movie.

Q:  What is your favorite Bible verse?

My favorite Bible verse is Romans 8:28.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

We are so thrilled to welcome these new faculty and staff members and we are looking forward to serving with them this year! More introductions are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment